See below a list of our tailor-made programming. Groups run 1x per week for 60 minutes for 6 weeks for participants 18 years or older. Children ages 3-17 have the option to receive 2-hour sessions per 6-week program or 12 weeks of 60-minute programming. We create classes based on the age and cognition of participants.
- Individualized sessions to increase appropriate skills and development through play experiences. Opportunities for exploration and discovery are provided while targeting specific skills which include increased frustration tolerance and attention span, handling transitions, reciprocal social interactions, and positive self-awareness. A variety of toys, games, and sensory materials are utilized.
- This group is designed for children ages 3-7, focusing on the fundamentals of learning, which include increasing attention span, active listening, participation, and engagement. Encourages the ability to manage transitions which can be applied to a home or classroom setting.
- This group is designed to improve sensory integration utilizing proprioceptive input, vestibular stimulation, address tactile defensiveness, and auditory discrimination/visual processing.
- Individualized sessions designed for students ages 8-18 to promote and increase academic success within their current educational setting. a wide variety of instructional methods provided in effort to help accelerate their learning process, the individual’s educational goals and objectives, and meet appropriate learning standards.
- Adaptive technology including eye gaze, switches, touch screen monitors, and interactive applications such as Osmo iPads are utilized to provide universal access for all levels of ability. Focuses on enhancing cognition, academics, and functional computer skills through a variety of fun and engaging activities.
- This group focuses on increasing language skills through the use of the CORE vocabulary system and AAC devices. The CORE board incorporates visuals (picture symbols) and commonly used vocabulary to encourage and promote functional communication.
“Handy Dandy” Writing
- This group encourages fine motor development and handwriting skills using multi-sensory tools and strategies while having fun.
Social Skills Group
- This group is designed to encourage social and expressive communication in a structured play-based environment. The focus will include sharing, turn-taking, cooperative play, safety, and friendship skills. Another important aspect of social skills that will be emphasized is understanding non-verbal body language and facial expressions.
Visit Matthew’s MIGHTY Mission for more details.